The village of Dacre lays just south of the A66, East of Penruddock, and West of Stainton. The area is literally over flowing with pele towers and castles. Within 5 miles of Dacre, Dalemain, Catterlan, Johnby, Hutton-in-the-forrest, Greystoke and Blencow, to name but a...More Details
The Church of St Andrew's
The church chancel is late 12th century, and its west tower is Norman. But the church as a whole is largely a rebuilding of 1810. It has a nave, north and south aisles, and a three-belled tower.
A stone in the church commemorates the Peace of Dacre when the king of England, Aethelstan, in ...More Details